Can we all get into reality for the sake of all that is holy?
The President’s Coronavirus Taskforce has been updating and giving briefings every day to the public. The President offers daily statements too. This Taskforce is comprised of the most eminent in their field and heavy on medical and scientific expertise found on the globe! The website WhiteHouse.Gov has front and center Coronvirus resources, updates and directives as well as linking directly to the CDC web page. The Director of NIH, Dr. Anthony Fauci, made the Sunday Talk show rounds to give Americans the most current information on the virus and directives on behalf of the administration. Today, the President was up on Capitol Hill briefing GOP lawmakers on COVID-19 during their weekly luncheon. But like a vulture who smells rotting flesh and swoops in for its feast, so goes the buzzard, Senator Schumer.
Knowing the President was on the premises, Chuckie emerges from the Democrat luncheon and comes in for a landing in front of the mic as press gathered. The two minutes that follow were filled with lies and misdirection and offered no transparency, directives, effective bi-partisan solutions, or reassurance to the American people. No, Schumer’s talons were out, and he was stretching them wide to carefully craft a narrative designed to carve up his political opponent.
Take a look at Schumer’s attempt to gnaw on Trump’s carcass with the backdrop of COVID-19. It was particularly unseemly:
The indecent nature of the Minority Leader of the Senate has been on full view of late, starting with his deluded impeachment rhetoric through his dangerous stunt on the steps of SCOTUS complete with threats implied. Now, he chooses to ignore the dignity of his position and willfully misrepresent a critical matter to his countrymen. Schumer says that the corporate tax cuts that Trump proposes won’t help with the spread of Coronavirus. So does that mean corporate tax cuts will exacerbate the spread? Trump is battling the oil shock downturn – partly due to Coronavirus. What, Trump can’t walk and chew gum at the same time? Trump should throw his hands up and forget everything else? Democrats would love this wouldn’t they – are they wishing Trump ignores the economy, let it falter for their own political benefit? Besides maintaining economic strength will help to have resources for the government and individuals to battle the Coronavirus. The two minutes of Schumer’s diatribe de-constructed:
- He and his colleagues are “very worried” about the focus and incompetence of this President on fighting the spread of the virus. Apparently, not so much concerned last week when Pelosi held up Coronavirus funding Bill so the DNC could run targeted Campaign Super Tuesday ads against the GOP. Nor was Schumer concerned about focus when he and the Democrats held the Senate hostage to perform a sham Impeachment trial in January, deferring committee hearings and expert testimonies in the lead up to the first cases reported.
- Trump Administration has been proactive and effective related to Virus threats. The world learned of China’s nightmare the last week in December 2019. Starting in January, the administration suspended travel to and from China, which was crucial for containment, and offered Infectious disease experts and resources to China who declined. Task Force formed in January and coordinated with HHS, CDC, NIH, State, Commerce, Transportation, Military, Governors, FDA, and the private sector. National health emergency was declared, enhanced screening processes implemented, and suspended regulatory compliance for private sector creation of a vaccine. $8.3 billion funding bill to combat Coronavirus and any barriers for those who seek treatment related to cost removed. This is a thimble worth of what has been done to date:
- Consistently lying about Trump, not allowing Scientists to do their job to ensure maximum safety or resources available ( kits). Watch Dr.Fauci correct the record on false news stories that he was muzzled or the availability of test kits. See video below:
- The reactive stock market is being driven by media and Democrat narratives, which push fear and false information. Including what the AP points out as democrats distortion on Coronavirus readiness and CDC funding.
- Ignorance and propaganda are on display when Schumer provides no context to the administration’s proposal to provide aid, likely to be in the form of low-interest government loans, to the Energy sector hit hardest recently( specifically Shale). Overnight Monday, the energy sector’s worst day on record, saw oil prices slide 24% to more than four-year lows after OPEC failed to secure a deal. Against the backdrop of actors on the geopolitical stage taking advantage of the Coronavirus crisis, Putin and Saudi Arabia began a costly tit for tat with production and demand of oil leading to the plunging price of oil. The option of ignoring this new development, which would further worsen the global economies and add pressure to the U.S.economy, on top of the travel and hospitality industry’s severe disruptions, would be gross incompetence on the part of the administration. Shame on Democrats and Schumer playing to the low information and overwhelmed listener for political agenda.
How much are Americans willing to bleed out, emotionally, financially, and morally before we collectively say enough is enough?