The United States Constitutional Republic has decayed, and what is still available to the naked eye is a constructed artifice and falsehood.
Step right up folks- the dramaturgical display of what reads on the marquee as “Democrats Impeachment Trial 2.0″ has commenced. Day one was a four-hour debate on whether a former president who was impeached by the House while he was still in the office can be prosecuted by the Senate when he is no longer in the White House. No, you read that correctly. The Democrat-controlled Senate opened its Insurrection trial against former President Donald J. Trump with the imperative to determine if it was constitutional to do so – not a strong footing!
Relax, they” Got this.” I know you may be thinking that it is the Supreme Court that determines if something meets the standards and is therefore constitutional, but Schumer and his fellow psychoneurotics deemed they could just cast a vote to make something constitutionally so. The Right Wire Report is nonplussed to report that six Republican senators voted in the affirmative as well. By a 56-44 vote including; Sen. Cassidy (R-LA) joins Sens. Romney (R-UT), Collins (R-ME), Toomey (R-PA), Murkowski (R-AK), Sasse (R-NE). The Democrats voted to proceed with the trial as deemed constitutional. Even Chief Justice John Roberts’ refused to participate in the impeachment farce. The entire first-day proceedings can be viewed here.
Rep. Joe Neguse (D-CO) tried to use constitutional scholar Jonathan Turley to bolster the claim that the trial was constitutional and Turley refuted in real-time on Twitter.
Rep. Neguse just cited my Duke piece and said that I was an advocate until just a couple weeks ago for retroactive trials. I appreciate the citations but it is not true. That article was 21 years ago…https://t.co/GD3RCTz09T
— Jonathan Turley (@JonathanTurley) February 9, 2021
Speaker Pelosi’s histrionics not to be missed ahead of the trial’s start: “Today is an important day in the life of our Country. In the Senate, our House Managers, under Congressman Jamie Raskin’s leadership, will be defending the Constitution and our Democracy.” Pelosi has an odd sense of what constitutes defending and upholding our Democracy. First, America is not a democracy it is a Republic, see here. Secondly, under Pelosi’s example, she and her party are guilty of inciting violence and insurrection, read here and here.
So the Democrat Impeachment managers suited up and showed up yet still admit they are undecided on if they will call witnesses or not to make their case- another ominous sign. Impeachment Manager, Rep.( D- MN) Jamie Raskin tells his colleagues the skeleton of the case :
- President Trump spent months whipping supporters up into a lather.
- President Trump knew they were primed for violence and used charged language on Jan. 6th at the rally.
- President Trump delayed aid to the Capitol once violence broke out.
A hallmark of Democrats is to use a tragedy for political points lest we forget the disgraceful performances at the Paul Wellstone funeral or exploitation of the Sandy Hook tragedy. Raskin on cue did not disappoint as he used the horrific family tragedy of his son’s recent suicide to elicit emotional support for his assertions of the case.
Raskin gets emotional recalling how the insurrection happened the day after he buried his son pic.twitter.com/SYLqAPxtCa
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) February 9, 2021
Raskin then played cherry-picked edits of a heavily doctored montage to drive home the charge that President Trump incited an Insurrection to overthrow the will of the people. Can you guess what was purposefully not included in the edits? Missing was this little statement by the president where he instructs the protest participants to march “ peacefully and patriotically.” Scratches my head to figure out why that was removed – NOT! The GOP House Judiciary Committee released a montage as well:
What Democrats didn’t show you today. pic.twitter.com/PSwM0fYKTx
— House Judiciary GOP (@JudiciaryGOP) February 9, 2021
President Trump’s legal team did not receive high marks for their maiden voyage although today was not structured in a way that any legal rebuttal could be given due to time constraints and such. Lawyer Bruce Castor was underwhelming and “buttering up” the body left many feeling perplexed. If this is a legal strategy yet to unfold we will all hold our breaths and wait and see. The next days of the trial will segment time for the defense to launch a case – let us all hope they do so effectively.
'There is no argument – I have no idea what he is doing,' @AlanDersh on Trump's defense lawyer Bruce Castor 'talking nice' to U.S. Senators – via Newsmax TV's 'American Agenda.' https://t.co/VlT7z8drtO pic.twitter.com/7P7uVk5X19
— Newsmax (@newsmax) February 9, 2021
Trump’s lawyer David Schoen faired better when he played this video:
Trump defense attorney David Schoen plays a compilation video of Democrats calling for President Trump's impeachment since the day he took office pic.twitter.com/39qH2Vbbne
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) February 9, 2021
So let us take a pause here to stipulate a few things. The Right Wire Report does not condone the lawlessness that happened at the Capitol on Jan.6th, read here. However; we also reject that President Trump incited anyone to become violent or take the law into their own hands that day or any other day, read here. The political charade and division the Democrats/Media/Big – Tech are determined to foment and follow through with is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. The issue is complex and for most Americans lacks any substantive facts or context. Below read just some of what is lacking:
- The FBI and Capitol police were aware days in advance of a pre-planned attack on the Capitol including pipe bombs planted a day in advance of the President’s speech. Lawmakers were also tweeting about the threat days in advance.
- The violence at the Capitol began while Trump was speaking not afterward.” How could Trump incite an attack that had already been pre-planned and was in motion before his speech ended?”
- The Democrats/Media/Big-Tech are feverishly diverting attention away from answering key questions: Why did leadership ignore credible threats and choose not to reinforce law enforcement in advance. Why did the Capitol Police stand down? Why were a large number of Trump supporters encouraged to legally enter the Capitol by police on the side to mix with those who illegally entered up the steps? Who were the violent protesters versus those who were not violent? Who was inside the building handing out bats to protesters outside the building? Why is it a month since Ashley Babbit’s death and we still do not know the identity of the shooter?
- All Americans deserve to know the complete truth of the events that transpired on Jan. 6th. There were Trump supporters at their Capitol to protest the certification of votes of certain states and demanding a 10-day delay to have an independent audit done. There were Trump supporters that did enter the Capitol building, some allowed to enter by capitol police, and others who rushed in behind the violent rioters breaking through doors. But just who were the violent provocateurs? Was the rally infiltrated by Antifa /BLM black block types? There have been arrests of BLM/Antifa members along with Trump supporters so why does the media refuse to cover these facts? This video is compelling, more here, here, here, here, and here. Who exactly are these rioters inside a Capitol office exiting through a broken window and why do the Capitol Police do nothing as they leave, see here?
- Raskin’s montage claimed 7 people were killed in chaos at the Capitol on Jan.6th. D.C. Police have officially identified only 4 deaths, read here. Officer Sicknick died at his office following participating at the Capitol and not from a fire extinguisher blunt trauma either, they are still determining causes and he had a pre-existing medical condition. Two officers committed suicide in the days after the riot.
- It is not unconstitutional to object to certification during the Joint Session and Democrats including Rep. Raskin have done so many times. The Media/Democrats did not claim it was a threat to democracy to do so then. Those who attended the rally that day were not trying to overthrow the will of the people they represent a large segment of the people. They gathered to redress their government which is their constitutionally protected right. 99% gathered did not participate in the Capitol events. To take a broad brush and by association dismiss 75 million-plus Americans concerns and call them Insurrectionists, White Supremacists, and Domestic Terrorists is a direct assault on “we the people.”
- If any action at the Capitol that stops proceedings is an Insurrection then why did the Media/ Democrats champion leftist activists storming the Capitol during the Kavanaugh Hearings and physically stopping the proceedings several times?
- Newly elected and viciously targeted Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene made an important point here:
The #Jan6 organizers were Trump supporters. They attacked the Capitol to stop the Electoral College certification & interrupt the constitutional transition of presidential power, emboldened by lies about a stolen election and hope they could stop the steal on Jan 6. Enough lies. https://t.co/EfahAL2HgN
— Rep. Peter Meijer (@RepMeijer) February 9, 2021
The certification process resumed later that evening and peaceful transition happened.
- The Capitol Riot was a horrible event but it was not an Insurrection. Anyone attempting to claim it was would have to apply the same standard to the over 275 BLM/Antifa riots which resulted in close to two billion in property damage, 700 officers injured, and over 40 deaths. A federal Court House was under siege as well as police stations. One must Include the attack on the White House resulting in a President and his team being secured in the bunker for their safety from rioters and over 60 Secret Service injured. The Democrats/Media lied about those attacks and hailed the rioters as just and noble, enabled and supported the chaos and destruction.
- The concept that “Stop the Steal ” is based on the total fabrication of lies is a falsehood itself. There is considerable evidence of election integrity issues in the 2020 election, read here and here. Americans deserve a transparent, fair accounting and review of contested states including courts allowing discovery. Shutting down dissent about election integrity is antithetical to being American.
- The Right Wire Report points to an excellent summary by Jeffrey Lord “Democrats 75 Impeachment Lies” to fill out our list.
Senator Elizabeth Warren ( MA) drops the mask long enough, no pun intended, and tells the truth behind this grotesque circus:
Former President Trump incited a mob of white nationalists and domestic terrorists to attack the US Capitol and try to overturn the election. I hope you’ll watch the impeachment trial this week to see why he must be held accountable and barred from ever holding office again. https://t.co/MoIukQ4bbp
— Elizabeth Warren (@SenWarren) February 9, 2021
Americans are being played yet again along with the complicit Big- Tech censoring and Media omitting facts. The brutal truth is Impeachment 2.0 is just a continuation of Impeachment 1.0 which was about keeping Trump from re-election. This round is to ensure Trump cannot run again in 2024 and they have a back- up plan to debate a censure resolution saying so if the Senate fails to convict, read here. The vibe is so Banana Republic-like it is surreal.
President Abraham Lincoln knew “a house divided against itself cannot stand.”
Sadly the days of Americans being represented by “statesman- quality leaders” (both genders apply)who have solely the best interest of the American people as motivation for their deeds -have long passed us by. What has replaced our American conscience is a reflection of a tawdry peek a boo performance of partisan quackery and a three-card monte game.
Americans have become the “marks.”