Democrats want a 9/11-style commission to look into the events of Jan. 6th in what they call a “domestic terror attack.” Others believe that this is nonsense. If it was an honest commission I would join with Nancy Pelosi on an investigation. But if it is a politically charged, weighted, biased panel filled with people that have presumed the outcome – it is a FAKE investigation that the media will be able to spin.
So this is how this commission will go down?
1.) First Pelosi will propose an obvious partisan commission that Republicans will object to, calling it bipartisan.
The Hill – Even the proposed 9/11-style commission to look into the Jan. 6 domestic terror attack has been bogged down by partisan politics. Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has been circulating draft legislation that would create an independent, bipartisan commission, where Democrats would get seven appointments and Republicans four.
2.) Then Republicans will propose a more politically balanced commission – wink wink.
The Hill – Republicans have rejected that proposal, demanding an even split between the parties and subpoena power for both the majority and minority. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Wednesday called Pelosi’s plan “partisan by design,” and both he and McCarthy have pointed to remarks by the 9/11 Commission leaders — Republican Thomas Kean and Democrat Lee Hamilton — calling for an evenly split commission like theirs was.
3.) Mitch McConnell will then appoint Republicans that agree with Democrats, so it won’t matter that the commission is split between Republicans and Democrats.
The Hill – But House Homeland Security Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) defended the Pelosi proposal (surprised?), arguing that the 9/11 panel was formed under a divided government, but Democrats now control the House, Senate, and White House. In other words to truth is not the goal – the winners get to write the history.
The Right Wire Report calls out Pelosi’s folly as political propaganda and cover-up rather than fact-finding. But Americans do deserve answers. Even now, over a month later government agencies are still stonewalling the public on releasing basic information. Many questions must be answered and those who should be held accountable :
- Who knew what and when? What was the accurate intelligence our agencies knew beforehand, who did they communicate that intelligence to, and what steps were taken to provide safety? Who knew of the threat of violence and when did they know it – What did the House and Senate sergeants-at-arms know? What did Speaker Pelosi and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy know? Senate leaders Chuck Schumer and Mitch McConnell? The White House? DOD and National Guard officials? The DC Mayor?
- Stand down. Was extra security asked for, if so, who denied the request?
- What was the number of total law enforcement on duty at the Capitol on that day, how many Secret Service or special Detail was present as well. What is the accurate timeline and when did reinforcements arrive at the Capitol and by whose direction.
- Who were the rioters? Who were the violent infiltrators at the Capitol prior to Trump’s speech ending using the cover of the MAGA rally? Were some MAGA attendees allowed into the Capitol as the video suggests? Did some MAGA attendees implore violent perpetrators to stop by identifying them as Antifa, as videos suggest? Did some MAGA attendees implore Capitol Police to stop the violent perpetrators, as videos suggest? Who planted explosive devices around Capitol complex discovered on Jan. 5th, and are they connected to Rally on Jan.6th?
According to the DOJ, the zip ties were left sitting on a table that one of the intruders happened to randomly encounter. The falsity of the initial "zip tie" narrative was the now-discredited suggestion that they indicated some kind of premeditated mass kidnapping plot https://t.co/lPeM6WL70w
— Michael Tracey (@mtracey) February 16, 2021
- Deaths and Injuries. How many police officers were injured in the riot and the severity of their injuries. What were the causes of death in the five people the media stated died that day? Why did the media and lawmakers lie to Americans about the cause of death of Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick? How many firearms or incendiary devices were confiscated by authorities from rioters at the Capitol, and who was charged with weapon charges? Who fired the fatal shot that killed Ashli Babbitt?
How and why did the media spend an entire month definitively affirming what appears to be a completely false story about the only person said to have been killed by the Capitol mob: Officer Brian Sicknick?
Why do we not know how or even when he died? https://t.co/XLg2OR0EoA
— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) February 11, 2021
Among other things, I asked Capitol Police how many firearms were confiscated at Capitol riot, and whether any rioters fired any guns. Got no answer. (Also asked about Sicknick death; no answer on that, either.) https://t.co/x1sRThss9E https://t.co/97JZzEtxBV
— Byron York (@ByronYork) February 16, 2021
- White Supremacists stormed Capitol. The media and Democrats have identified thousands of Americans at the Capitol on Jan. 6th as White Supremacists, what evidence is there that is an accurate characterization? What is the breakdown of those charged with, violent acts vs trespassing only, and what designated groups are they associated with? BLM, White Militias? Antifa, Proud Boys, Bernie Bros, Boogaloo movement, and so forth.
- Armed Insurrection to overthrow the Government and Elections. The media and Democrats have claimed those who rioted did so to overthrow the government, what evidence is there that is accurate? Were these armed protesters? If all of the rioters were from the MAGA rally it was clear they were demanding lawmakers not themselves to address election integrity issues by calling for a 10-day delay to complete audits. Did the riot stop the certification of the elections?
- Foreign involvement. Is there any evidence of any foreign entity organizing, funding, or direction connected to the events of Jan. 6th?
It is Rather absurd that it must be pointed out, but the 9/11 al-Qaida attacks killed roughly 3,000 people, obliterated New York’s tallest skyscrapers, destroyed part of the Pentagon, crashed four passenger jetliners, and changed U.S. foreign policy for decades. The Jan. 6th riot led to five deaths, one at the hands of law enforcement, and the others appear to be medical emergencies. The Capitol was breached and offices invaded but to no great extent or significant lasting damage. Yes, it was distressful to watch unfold and a considerable sense of chaos created the risk for physical harm which cannot be tolerated. But to compare it to September 11th is grotesque.
The weaponizing of the event for political power grab purposes is equally disgusting. Will the GOP capitulate and play into the bait and switch?
America, get ready to be gaslit on a fake “bipartisan” Jan. 6 domestic terror attack commission.