On Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court dismissed a case that claimed former President Donald Trump blocking people on Twitter violated the First Amendment. The lawsuit was brought by a group of users who were blocked by President Trump, along with the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University.
Justice Clarence Thomas issued a concurring opinion where he used a perfectly logical argument for dismissal.
“The disparity between Twitter’s control and Mr. Trump’s control is stark, to say the least. Mr. Trump blocked several people from interacting with his messages. Twitter barred Mr. Trump not only from interacting with a few users, but removed him from the entire platform, thus barring all Twitter users from interacting with his messages.
Any control Mr. Trump exercised over the account greatly paled in comparison to Twitter’s authority, dictated in its terms of service, to remove the account ‘at any time for any or no reason.’“
What Justice Thomas is saying is that Twitter – a private company – exercised its sole power to completely erase what was considered “a public forum.” President Trump only blocked several users from posting on his personal Twitter feed on that forum; by removing President Trump’s account, Twitter banned all users from posting on it. So if anybody is liable for a First Amendment violation here, it’s Twitter.
“A society of essential oils and self-esteem has replaced a society of logic.” ― Ben Shapiro
There is one thing that will eventually destroy the woke movement: their inability to embrace simple logic. None of the rules that they are trying to impose on society make any sense – and sooner or later the majority of people will catch up with that fact. Just as a person who jumps from a balcony because he doesn’t understand gravity will end up in an ER or worse, so the woke mob will bring about their own destruction by refusing to obey the rules of logic.
I encourage you to hasten the woke mob’s demise by following Justice Thomas’s lead and unleashing some mean logic on them. If you have a “woke “friend, here are a few things that will likely make them suck their thumb and send them running for a safe space.
- Recently, Coca-Cola released a diversity training video that teaches Caucasians “how to be less white.” Should Coke’s video be banned for encouraging cultural appropriation?
- According to USA Today, “Black women like Breonna Taylor die every day at the hands of police.” The statistics say that two black women were killed by police in 2020. Does that mean that the year 2020 was only two days long?
- If every country in the world is allowed to have their own Covid variant, does banning the term “China virus” qualify as racist?
- How can a bloody coup attempt be accomplished without any weapons but a mostly peaceful protest usually involves heavy explosives?
- How is keeping migrant children in detention facilities a humanitarian crisis but allowing violent drug gangs and child molesters to smuggle kids across the continent is “a humane approach”?
- If climate change is the reason for migration, how come so many people are moving from New York to Florida and not the other way around? Isn’t it hotter in Florida?
- AOC told us that “the world will end in 12 years.” NYT opinion writer wrote that “There will be people who die, in 2050, because of white supremacy-induced decisions from 1850.” Does that mean the year 2050 will arrive before the 12 years are up?
- If saying “China virus” led to a spike in anti-Asian crimes, is blaming white people for air pollution and global warming an attempt to create a massive wave of violence against white people?
- How is the genital mutilation of a child more humane than a therapy session with a psychiatrist?
- If the term “mom” is a harmful stereotype, does that mean “your momma” jokes should be removed from the Internet?
- What is the purpose of wearing a button stating a person’s preferred pronoun? When we speak to people directly, we never refer to them using a pronoun.
- Why do women get a history month, but the other 63 genders do not? Should we introduce a bill to increase the number of months on the calendar?
- Why are transgendered females fit enough to serve in the army, yet we haven’t seen one compete at women’s gymnastics yet?
- Why are figure skaters allowed to wear costumes from different cultures? Should figure skating be banned for cultural appropriation?
- Why do Michelle Obama and Meghan Markle suffer from mental problems because of racism, but Ella Fitzgerald and Aretha Franklin did not?
- If all the old books like Shakespeare and Dr. Seuss were racist, how come we have so many people who grew up woke? Might it be because woke mob never reads?