Sunny Hostin: “[Trump] is someone who changed the very moral fabric of the Republican Party. The Republican Party is no longer the party of family values. It’s the insurrection party. It is the party that’s morally bankrupt.”
Her statement was made during this full exchange on the view:
REP. GAETZ INVESTIGATED FOR ALLEGED SEX TRAFFICKING: Allegations are mounting against Florida congressman and GOP rising star Matt Gaetz, including an investigation into alleged sex trafficking and other sexual misconduct — the co-hosts react. https://t.co/d6BmZ14wPm pic.twitter.com/MpeSa0BNgT
— The View (@TheView) April 5, 2021
To date, there is no confirmed evidence that Gaetz showed pictures of nature described or was involved in sex trafficking with an underaged female- all that is public is news “reports” couched in “source say.” Nor has the Justice Department confirmed an investigation where Gaetz is a target. Read more here, here, and here.
I had no idea that Sunny Hostin, who is a mouthpiece for the Far Left, was once a fan of the Republican Party. Apparently, she thinks Republicans had very high moral values before they accepted Donald Trump into their ranks. That may, however, come as a surprise to her Democrat comrades, who knew that all Republicans were evil way before Donald Trump ever came down the golden escalator.
In fact, long before Senator Mitt Romney won the Profile in Courage award for being a weasel, Democrats unanimously proclaimed him to be the worst Presidential candidate in American history. Here is how they described him at the time.
- James Carville, Democratic Strategist: “Mitt Romney is to presidential campaigns as the Delta House grade point average was to Faber College – the worst in history.”
- John Oliver, Comedian: “I cannot envision a world in which I would have voted for Mitt Romney unless I sustained a massive concussion.”
- Eva Longoria, Actress: “Mitt Romney wants to take us back to yesterday.”
- Stephanie Cutter, Democrat Consultant: “If Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan get elected to the White House, Medicare will be bankrupt by the end of their first term.”
- Kathleen Geier, Journalist: “He oozes insincerity, shallowness, and arrogance; those qualities would be less than awesome in any political environment, but the latter is particularly grating in an economy like this one, where so many are struggling. Worse, not only does he totally lack a common touch, he doesn’t bother to attempt it.”
- Ollie Garkey, Writer for DailyKos: “Not only is he being evasive about tax evasion and companies he may have owned overseas but now there’s a chance he committed a federal felony by lying on SEC filings.”
- Eliot Spitzer, Former NY Governor: “Facts matter. Science matters. Reason matters. Mitt Romney has shown an inability to respect any of the three.”
But if you think that no Republican could have possibly been worse than Mitt Romney, wait till you hear what Democrats thought of George W. Bush.
- Adam McKay, Writer for SNL: “George W. Bush was a silver spoon dolt with no record to speak of other than bankruptcy and selling tropical plants.”
- Jacob Weisberg, Journalist: “Bush may not have been born stupid, but he has achieved stupidity, and now he wears it as a badge of honor. “
- Jonathan Chait, Former Senior Editor for The New Republic: “The Bush presidency was a full disaster at home and abroad, and whatever small accomplishments that can be salvaged barely rate any mention in comparison with the failures.”
- Dave Zirin, Sports Editor for The Nation: “To paraphrase Karl Marx, the Bushes truly came to us dripping from head to foot with blood and dirt.”
George W. Bush was not only stupid – he was a war criminal to boot.
- Charles P. Pierce, Sports Writer, and a prominent liberal pundit wrote an article in Esquire magazine entitled “War Criminals Among Us: Bush, Cheney, and the Eyes of the World.”
- Political scientist Michael Haas documented George W. Bush’s war crimes in his book “George W. Bush, War Criminal? The Bush Administration’s Liability for 269 War Crimes.”
- For his war crimes, George W. Bush faced a fictional international prosecution in an off-Broadway play The Trial of American President.
- George W. Bush was so evil that the Left advocated for his assassination in Death of a President, a fictional documentary (which I thought was an oxymoron).
After W. left the stage, it was hard to believe the Democrats would ever find a Republican deserving of more hate. After all, what do you have to do to besmirch the Republican Party even more than a war criminal did?
According to Sunny Hostin, these “reprehensible things”:
- Presiding over the best economy in decades.
- Record low unemployment including minorities and increased wages.
- Record drop in poverty rate and increased median household income
- Brokering historic peace deals.
- Controlling the border.
- Destroying the murderous califate of ISIS.
But also, “pay off porn stars” and “cheat on your wife.” Or, as Bill Clinton calls it, “Tuesday”.( Trump denies sleeping with Stormy Daniels or having any knowledge of ” Hush Money Payments.”)
I don’t know why Sunny Hostin believes that the Republican Party ever had any moral values. Republicans always have been, and always will be, incarnates of evil whose favorite pastime is killing your grandmother and invading poor countries for oil. They were so before Trump. They will be so after Trump is long gone – and every Republican that comes after him will be immediately deemed “even worse than Trump.”
The only Republican the Democrats consider moral is a Republican that is committed to the Republican Party’s complete destruction. Or, if you want to be a shoo-in, a dead Republican.