- The radical Congresswoman made the declaration on Twitter Monday
- She described police forces as ‘inherently and intentionally racist’ and said all departments across the country were beyond the point of reform
- Tlaib also called for an end to the country’s ‘incarceration and militarization’
- Sen. Ted Cruz hit back, describing Tlaib as ‘insane’; her tweet was also criticized by hundreds of others who urged her to give up her own police protection
- Tlaib’s tweet came after the fatal police shooting of Daunte Wright
- Wright’s parents say they refuse to accept the cop accidentally fired her gun instead of a taser
Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib has called for the abolishment of police following the fatal shooting of unarmed black man Daunte Wright.
The Michigan Rep. made the radical declaration on Twitter Monday – one day after Wright was shot dead at a traffic stop in Minnesota when a white cop reached for her gun instead of a Taser, which has been characterized as an accident.
‘It wasn’t an accident. Policing in our country is inherently & intentionally racist,’ Tlaib posted to Twitter.