“Intense partisanship is holding Joe Biden to a tepid job approval rating — the third-lowest for any president at 100 days in office since Harry Truman.”
“52% of Americans in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll approve of Biden’s work in office, lower than any president at 100 days in office since 1945, save Gerald Ford in 1974 (48%, after his unpopular pardon of Richard Nixon) and Donald Trump at 42% in 2017. For the 14 presidents from Truman to Biden, the 100-day average is 66%.”
Third lowest since 1945. That’s quite an achievement for Joe Biden, given that the poll responders were 33% Democrats, but only 24% Republicans (35% independents.) Apparently, ABC / WaPo over polled Democrats by whooping 9% because they couldn’t find any more Republicans among their viewers. Or, perhaps, if the poll was conducted fairly, it would blow up the media narrative that Americans are all on board with destruction and lawlessness that the Biden administration is unleashing on them.
And they are desperately trying to convince us of that – at least those few who still watch.
Here is how the headlines (some irrelevant, some false) covered Donald Trump’s first 100 days :
- CBS News: President Trump’s inauguration crowd was smaller than Obama’s
- New York Times: Women’s March Highlights as Huge Crowds Protest Trump
- CNN: Trump ditches press pool to play golf
- New York Times: Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence
- ABC News: Flynn prepared to testify that Trump directed him to contact Russians about ISIS
In 2017, 90% of the media coverage of President Trump was negative. A full one-fifth of that coverage focused on the Trump-Russia “collusion” hoax.
— David Harsanyi (@davidharsanyi) January 19, 2021
In comparison, here is hard-hitting media coverage of Joe Biden’s first 100 days.
- CNN: The National Mall’s Lights Are Like ‘Extensions Of Joe Biden’s Arms Embracing America’
- CNN: “Inside the new President’s routine: Oval Office fires and early bedtimes”
- Newsweek: Joe Biden, Playing as Luigi, Wins in Mario Kart Race Against Granddaughter at Camp David
- Daily Mail: Meet the first dogs-elect: Joe and Jill Biden’s German Shepherds
Here grab a barf bag and review media ‘s Twitter love fest with Biden.
It is safe to say that if ABC / WaPo mastered enough journalistic ethics to conduct a fair poll, they would find out that Joe Biden is less popular among the majority of Americans than a supposed Russian spy.
Not a good look for a President who allegedly got the most votes in American history.