The Right Wire Report commentary follows after the link’s summary.
Kamala’s woke niece Meena urges people to fight “Palestinian oppression” by Israel if they care about women’s and LGBT rights – neglecting that being gay in Gaza is punishable by ten years in jail and honor killings are rife.
- Meena Harris, a 36-year-old businesswoman, waded into controversy again
- On Wednesday she re-posted a widely shared reaction to Israel-Palestine
- Harris urged people who believe in LGBTQ rights and women’s issues to speak
- “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the oppressor”
- Harris’ post ignored the deeply troubling human rights record in Palestine
- In Gaza homosexuality is criminal and punishable with a 10-year sentence
- In the West Bank, it is widely frowned upon and not socially acceptable
- Amnesty reported torture, repression of dissent, and lack of due process
- They report that women faced discrimination and violence in the country
- The last elections were in 2006: due this year, they have again been delayed
Meena tries to justify her comments by saying, “One cannot advocate for racial equality, LGBT & women’s rights, condemn corrupt and abusive regimes and other injustices yet choose to ignore the Palestinian oppression.”
The ill-informed Meena appears not to know that Gaza is extremely stringent in enforcing LGBTQIA laws. Hamas, the authority that rules over the Palestinian people has criminalized homosexuality and also tolerates Honor Killings in the conservative regime. Amnesty International has reported on the depth of how significant this oppression is under the Palestinian regime including against women in general: “Women faced discrimination and violence, including killings as a result of gender-based violence. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people continued to face discrimination and lacked protection.”
.@meenaharris LGBTs have more rights in Israel than in most or all Middle Eastern counties.
If you are going to pop off on a topic, be more informed than @KamalaHarris.
— Yossi Gestetner (@YossiGestetner) May 13, 2021
Meena seems to forget that the terrorist organizations in Gaza launched these recent attacks on Israel and feels they evidently have no right to defend themselves. Even Joe Biden said, “Israel has the right to defend itself amid conflict with Palestine.” I see no evidence that Kamala Harris has distanced herself from her niece’s comments – one can presume she agrees with Meena.
Can someone find out if Vice President Harris agrees with her niece?
Harris's niece urges fight against 'Palestinian oppression' – despite gays in Gaza being imprisoned https://t.co/W1ouUbhFFX
— Meghan McCain (@MeghanMcCain) May 13, 2021
Nevertheless, the hypocrisy of Meena’s comments is breathtaking. The question is why?
The Biden Harris administration has been pushing various race agendas – Critical Race Theory. Evidently, racism runs deep in the Harris family. To answer the question above, it is quite simple – Antisemitism.