So that happened.
The woman in the video is New York Times columnist Mara Gay and the context is the January 6 riot, Trump, Trump supporters, Political speech, and displaying the American flag. Let us review the statements she made:
- “You know, the reality is here that we have a large percentage of the American population — I don’t know how big it is, but we have tens of millions of Trump voters who continue to believe that their rights as citizens are under threat by simple virtue of having to share the democracy with others.”
- ” I think that as long as they see Americanness as the same as one with whiteness, this is going to continue.”
- “We have to figure out how to get every American a place at the table in this democracy but how to separate Americanness, America, from whiteness.”
- “Until we can confront that and talk about that, this is really going to continue,” she warned. I was on Long Island this weekend, visiting a really dear friend, and I was really disturbed. I saw, you know, dozens and dozens of pickup trucks with [expletives] against Joe Biden on the back of them, Trump flags, and in some cases, just dozens of American flags, which is also just disturbing, because essentially the message was clear, it was: ‘This is my country. This is not your country. I own this.”
- “What really is concerning to me as well is, it’s not just Democrats in Congress. I think there’s a large percentage of Americans, even some of my colleagues in journalism, who are invested in some way in pretending that this isn’t the threat that it is. That is the real concern. Because, you know, the Trump voters who are not going to get onboard with democracy, they’re a minority. You can marginalize them long-term. But if we don’t take the threat seriously, then I think we’re all in really bad shape.”
So to be clear Ms. Gay asserts that if one is not on board with Biden’s policies, anti-white racism, CRT, BLM, Open Borders amnesty/welfare for all, HR1 dismantling of fair and free elections and supporting vicious bigotry, censorship/hate towards 80 million-plus Americans -YOU ATTACH THE AMERICAN FLAG TO WHITENESS! Oh, and you are a threat to our democracy.
Again Ms. Gay assigns the above who are not on board as Trump’s supporters so it is a given all Trump supporters and Trump are White Supremacists and an existential threat to our country and democrats and the media best deal with them now.
As an aside, the United States of America is not a democracy. We are a constitutional republic that explicitly rejects mob rule, read here for a good summary of this point.
So how do you solve a problem like “Mara Gay?” Forgive me, I loved the “Sound of Music” score – so I had to go there. The answer is you apply the same standard to Ms.Gay as all other victims of the lefts campaign of cancel culture. You not only demand she gets canceled but you apply pressure and highlight the role of the NYT as well by extension.
No, you do not turn the other cheek anymore. This is a war for the hearts and minds of Americans who will determine if we remain a free people of a constitutional republic with inalienable rights not afforded to us by government or succumb to sheer lunacy and live as serfs of a Marxist Totalitarian state.
What is the New York Times position?
No Ms. Gay’s comments are not being taken out of context at all.
Ms. Gay is a racist. Ms. Gay is a bigot. Ms. Gay is a dogmatic ideologue. Ms. Gay is a liar.
Americans who honor the American Flag or display it as an expression of love and honor for one’s country have nothing to do with race. Americans who support President Donald Trump have nothing to do with race. Americans who reject Biden and the Democrat policies and actions are not embracing whiteness or any other Marxist propaganda label she wishes to attach. Political opposition is protected under the first amendment, Ms. Gay.
President Trump does not attach whiteness to the American Flag you vapid, vile, wicked creature of leftist indoctrination – he attaches sacrifice and FREEDOM for all Americans.
Those who identify as MAGA support the America First Agenda which aligns more with Martin Luther King’s doctrine than Biden’s- it is color blind.
The NYT is the leader of the media pack for indoctrinating this Marxist ideology and should be considered a threat to all American’s liberty. Ms. Gay is merely a sycophant puppet for the publisher.
Hold both accountable.