After more than two decades, The New York Times reports the company is doing away with its heavenly super-model parade. In its place will be a new promotional campaign called the “VS Collective” that will feature “women famous for their achievements and not their proportions,” like the soccer star and gender equality advocate Megan Rapinoe.
Having Megan Rapinoe as Victoria’s Secret model is as brilliant a business decision as having Michael More as a spokesperson for Whole Foods, or hanging an AOC’s portrait on a Barnes and Noble store window. Your business will die faster than Jeffrey Epstein in a prison cell. I don’t know anyone, including gay women, who like their female partners to be as physically attractive, as intellectually stimulating, and as verbally cogent as MSNBC’s prime time lineup.
But I digress. Last weekend, walking in a Las Vegas mall, I saw a few window displays that looked like this.
I wondered if it is a new fashion craze in Las Vegas to look like a unicorn just threw up on you. Shockingly, I did not see even one person, of any gender or sexual orientation, who was wearing the LGBTQ insignia. There were some crazy outfits to be sure, but nobody’s fashion choices were paying tribute to Pride month. Who were these stores marketing to?
We can officially declare capitalism dead when companies’ business goal of making an obscene profit is replaced with the drive to promote an obscene ideology. It’s anyone’s guesses what possible end these companies are pursuing because their audience is dropping them faster than Lisa Marie Presley dropped her husbands.
- Sick of compulsive obsession with the former President, CNN’s audience is now scarcer than Brian Stelter’s hair.
- MSNBC sycophant and lying Trump Basher extraordinaire, Nicole Wallace’s show has lost 80% of her ratings since Trump left office.
- LeBron James’ anti-police rants make NBA a lot less appealing to the fans.
- MLB ratings are down following pulling the All-Star Game out of Georgia over the voting rights bill, falsely claiming it was Jim Crow-like.
- Country Music Television anti- gun propaganda resulted in polling that concluded 95% of their audience disapprove and call for a boycott.
- Hollywood’s constant badgering Americans into wokeness seems to be getting old.
- The parents are opting out of Nickelodeon’s sex-ed course for toddlers.
American corporations need to get out of the ideology business and get back to what they do best – making money. A note to Victoria’s Secret: hiring Megan Rapinoe as your model will enforce social distancing in your stores better than Gavin Newsom’s edicts. Your stores will be empty for years to come, and so will your bank account. Bring back the angels!