Shooting at Oakland CA Juneteenth celebrations last night, leave 1 dead and 5 injured. This is how people reacted when the EMTs arrived. pic.twitter.com/AcFPciJuzq
— Anthea (@Anthea06274890) June 21, 2021
The Daily Wire:
Video shows multiple women twerking next to and on top of an ambulance as paramedics tried to make their way through a crowd of Juneteenth partiers to tend to numerous shooting victims. According to the Oakland Police Department, some 5,000 gathered at Lake Merritt in Oakland, California, to celebrate the holiday on Saturday, when at least seven people were shot. Thus far, at least one has succumbed to their injuries.
The Juneteenth celebrations resulted in dozens of shootings and other violent and destructive acts across the country. Unfortunately, this was predictable.
One could view this video and have many thoughts:
- Why such a total disregard for human life?
- Why hinder the efforts of paramedics to save the life your community celebration accepted as a normal sacrifice?
- Why are those in the video so desensitized to shootings?
- Why do the black women in the video degrade themselves to sexual primitive, animalistic caricatures exhibiting no self-esteem?
- Why do the black men in the video promote the further objectification of black women by degrading them in front of the crowd gathered in some frenzy – like an aggressive act?
- Why does the crowd in the video feel they have the right to become so out of control and destructive?
There are more thoughts but the one that stands out to me the most is – not all stereotypes of black culture are based on racism or bigotry. Some are based on reality.
Another thought came to mind as well- These women are behaving exactly as Black culture tells them to act to be accepted.
Exhibit A- warning extremely graphic:
Exhibit B- warning extremely graphic:
There could be at least 100 more exhibits readily available to post , sadly.
You tell me, just who perpetuates the black culture stereotypes?