France’s Covid rebellion: Vehicles are set ablaze and tear gas is fired in Paris over Macron’s new law that all health workers get jabs and requiring new Covid pass for anyone over 12 going to a restaurant
- Hundreds of protesters chanting ‘Liberty!’ marched through Paris to rebel against Macron’s controversial plan
- The demonstrations turned ugly when activists clashed with riot police, who fired tear gas into the crowds
- In August, those wanting to visit bars or restaurants will need to show proof of their vaccine or a negative test
- By September, healthcare workers face a mandatory vaccination scheme and could be sacked if they refuse
- Organisers had dubbed today an ‘optimistic Bastille Day’ – marking 1789’s ‘birth’ of the French Revolution.
Click to read the rest of the article.