Protesters chant “bans off our bodies” outside the Texas State Capitol. pic.twitter.com/TqaDP5JmoB
— The Recount (@therecount) September 1, 2021
Just look at them rhythmically chanting “Bans Off Our Bodies, My Body is my own!” outside the Texas State Capitol. No, really look at each of those women lined up, fists high, in sisterhood. Applying incredible restraint and avoiding the stereotype trope, this author will choose to state the following facts:
- The Texas legislature and the Texas Governor did not ban all abortions in the state of Texas.
- The law that was signed is a civil statute, not a criminal one.
- The law provides citizens, not government officials or agencies, to bring a civil suit against any persons, providers, or funders who terminate a fetus ( abort ) once a fetal heartbeat is medically detected and verified ( usually around the end of 6 weeks gestation.)
- The Texas law enforcement arms do not have the authority to shut down any abortion clinic related to the passage of the law or arrest anyone.
- The Supreme Court did not rule on the constitutionality of the law.
“In reaching this conclusion, we stress that we do not purport to resolve definitively any jurisdictional or substantive claim in the applicants’ lawsuit. In particular, this order is not based on any conclusion about the constitutionality of Texas’s law, and in no way limits other procedurally proper challenges to the Texas law, including in Texas state courts,” the unsigned order said.
Chief Justice John Roberts dissented along with the court’s three liberal justices.
Watching this symbolic tribal display, one can imagine feminists across the country undulating almost in a trance when SCOTUS did not take the nibble, what came to my mind was this question:
Are progressive liberals ready now to have the conversation about abortion this country must have? Or are they going to continue their apoplectic writhing and cling to the fear-mongering and female oppressors schtick?
Presently in both political and non-political culture, there are no words left in the English language that adequately describes the liberal progressive’s hypocrisy and dishonesty towards advocating defending or challenging specific policies.
Consider the back alley ( no pun intended) the left have backed themselves down. No longer can they claim this is about women’s rights and female bodies because they allowed themselves to sell the absurd pseudo-science that biological males can get pregnant and followed up with terms like ” Birthing People.” Now any rational-minded person understands that science edicts only a biological female can become pregnant – but rationality was sacrificed at the altar of identity politics for votes.
Does anyone believe that these beatbox drumming, want -a- be vexing sirens all aligning covered in masks support freedom of choice? Anyone? The “Bans Off Our Bodies, My Body is my own” Chorus will not be performing to offer support for anti-maskers or anti-vaxxers to choose what happens to their bodies. And you can bank the left support state rights and governors’ mandating both.
It is time to have the talk.
Originally Roe v. Wade was sold by propagandizing the very small percentage of back alley ghoulish stories related to women who desired to end their pregnancies. This followed with the narrative about countless young women exiled by family to their aunt’s a town or state away until the baby came in secrecy. Do you remember the pitch to the court to create a new right, something no judicial branch has the constitutionally enumerated power to do by the way, but do you remember it? ” Legal, Safe, and Rare” was the sale.
An estimated 62 million babies have been aborted in our country since the passage of Roe. There is nothing remotely rare about over a million babies being aborted annually. According to the Pro – choice industry flagship data source, The Guttmacher Institute, the following stats ( 2017)and other data are significant:
- Nearly one in four women in the United States (23.7%) will have an abortion by age 45.
- Among the four groups examined in the study, black women had the highest abortion rate in 2014 (27.1 abortions per 1,000 women of reproductive age) and white women had the lowest rate (10 per 1,000).
- 40-45 percent of abortions are women having a second abortion.
- It is important to understand that the primary reporting mechanism on all abortion stats comes from Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider. PP and the Guttmacher Institute are both in the pro-choice industry and partially funded by US taxpayers and a Democrat donor base. The CDC reported stats on abortion are those given to them from PP. So you can see this is a closed system and tightly controlled. What we know is what we are told. This needs to change for any objective review of the health impacts on women who seek abortions and subsequent mental or physical, or both issues after the procedure if any.
- The United States is one of only seven countries out of 198 in the world that allow elective abortions past 20 weeks ( 1st trimester).
- Late Term abortions do occur in our country despite claims otherwise. While late term procedures do not make up the majority of elective abortions – the exact number is a moving target and certain states advertise all the way up to third trimester. Review data here, and here.
For anyone not aware of what happens in the circumstances where a woman seeks termination in her second and third trimester the procedure involves a 2 – day process where the woman will essentially deliver her fetus. There was a horrific case that went wrong documented in a New Mexico clinic, read here. Warning very graphic.:
- Physician Congressional testimony on abortions, here.
- Like all industries, bad apples can happen. But the pro-choice movement continues to dismiss the horrific details of Dr. Gosnell, and Dr. LeRoy Carhart as minimal and one-offs when they are not. Transparency and regulation are needed to police the industry of these types of criminals.
- The industry does sell fetal body parts and denial of this only destroys any integrity in your position that abortion is only about maternal health.
- Babies born alive during abortive procedures should be fully cared for and revived. Presently that is not what is happening.
Our entire legal system is framed around the rights of human beings. And that same legal system determines a human being is alive with a heart beating. Having a position and advocating that pregnant women with a detected fetal heartbeat are no longer one body – they are two, is not a radical nor oppressive thought. And while the pregnant woman has inalienable rights so too does the beating heart of the human inside her. It is time for this country to engage in thoughtful, meaningful, and effective debate about some of the issues around abortion on demand in our culture that has sadly grown over decades since Roe V Wade passed. The debate should not include calling people ” baby killers”, ” women haters” ” The American Taliban” or ” Handmaiden Oppressors.”
Those issues are:
- Ultrasounds in clinics to determine gestational age for the safety of the mother and provide effective outcomes of the goal of safe abortion. Knowing the last menses date is critical to safely choosing a method to facilitate the abortive process safely.
- State regulations of clinics and providers to ensure qualified staff and safety protocols must be in place.
- No more late-term abortions in clinics it is a brutal and barbaric, sadistic act to the child and puts the mother at unnecessary risk. Hospitals with full ethic compliance protocols should be where any late-term abortion takes place.
- No selling fetal body parts by abortion providers.
- No taxpayer funding to for-profit abortion providers.
- Technology has advanced to the degree we now do fetal surgery in the womb and we anesthetize the fetus for pain. Pre-term babies survive now at much lower weights and gestational ages than when the law was passed ” viable fetus outside the host.” The country should allow states to determine when the window closes on legal abortions – 6 weeks- 20 weeks range. The country should be able to form a majority consensus that 2nd and 3rd-trimester babies should not be aborted on demand. Polling already shows the country has.
- Parents should have full knowledge and must provide consent when an underaged female seeks an abortion.
- Increased access to safe adoptions and funding.
None of the above prevents a woman from seeking an abortion but does provide regulatory oversight for safe, legal, and rare abortions.
Roe v. Wade was not a law designed to promote abortion as a contraception method for convenience! And could we put aside the strawman of forcing women to choose their health over the fetus while we are at it? The C – Section makes that argument moot.
Yes, Rape is a violent and mentally crushing act against a human being. If that human is a woman and a pregnancy is a result of that crime there is significant emotional and mental stress on the victim. However, there is also good data over decades of research that show many of those victims who choose abortion have long-lasting mental health issues related to that choice. Can we not as a country have a full discussion in context on this specific issue? Is there no middle ground that addresses both side’s concerns? Of course, there is. But political activism will not allow that hard and open discourse to take place. Why? Data also reveal younger women who have multiple abortions have higher fertility issues later.
There should be no more denial that advancements in birth control methods and medical technology thrust an updated conversation into the public square for any intellectually honest American.
Hiding behind chants and ” I am woman hear me roar ” hubris does not address the abortion – mills mentality in inner cities or that the number one donor to one political party happens to be that industry driving policy. This author is a female conservative who is a Christian who believes abortion is taking a life. But I am only one of 328 million. I recognize the horse has left the barn and this country has a blood lust for the act now. But accepting those facts does not mean I nor any American must simply accept the degree and how far the left has driven this narcissistic car over the last decade or so.
If I can be arrested and convicted of murder if while giving birth at 40 weeks in the back of a car on the interstate but choose to throw my baby into oncoming traffic – then killing my child in the third trimester by abortion should be equally unacceptable by our culture. If I can be arrested and sent to prison for killing my baby at 26 weeks for delivering in a high school bathroom and flushing – then Killing my child by abortion in the second trimester should be equally unacceptable by society. Finally, If I can be charged with double homicide if I kill a mother who is with a child – then how can our culture continue to claim that the same fetal victim should have not rights protecting them from harm directly from the mother’s actions? We convict addicts now for endangering the life of their fetuses.
I get it! Third-wave feminism has dictated your female body is a burden, and reproduction is an affliction of sorts. You have no accountability to your reproductive capabilities and are entitled to easily accessible reversal of any consequences related to those capabilities. And of course, having your body “used as a host” is against your freedoms. No matter your very DNA designed you as a host to facilitate the safe growth of all human life forms.
No, truly I understand abortion is here to stay. You need it. The thought of being accountable for your choices( not rape) is deemed oppression. Got it.
But hey can we just agree to stop ripping apart just the bodies of humans with heartbeats and sucking them out piece by piece? Can maybe women be burdened with checking their cycles more diligently and tracking so they can abort prior to fetal heartbeat detected? I mean it will involve maybe a sum of an hour a month out of her life if she is sexually active but you think maybe she could handle that? Could we place and regulate the same safety precautions mandated for dentist offices in case of a life-threatening emergency in clinics? Could we maybe protect underage girls from perpetrators aborting their crimes? And could we stop lying to women and calling a fetus with a heartbeat ” a clump of cells?’
No? You would rather beat your drum and claim you are a supreme being with zero accountability because you have a uterus?
Well, that is a choice – free will and all. I still invite you to come to sit at the table and have the talk. An olive branch – medical technological advancements you will not be able to overcome. Join the conversation now while you can still negotiate from at least an even playing field before more Americans see technological evidence that pulls back your curtains.
You actually can still have your ” get out of jail free card” in the first trimester and babies with heartbeats can also be protected. There is a middle ground. Get to the negotiation table!
Maybe you have not noticed the mass exodus from states like California and others to states like Texas, Tennessee and others. Those relocating are leaving states with liberal abortion practices and choosing to live in ones with regulations on the industry. Avoiding the negotiation will result in more states passing laws to protect babies and regulate the industry more and more.
Again technological advancements are shattering your shaky high ground daily. Unless your goal is to see Roe v. Wade altered dramatically related to the viability of the fetus outside the host – I suggest you grab the low-hanging fruit now and preserve abortions that are regulated before the end of the first trimester.
As long as this issue is a political cudgel and propaganda and fear is used to push agendas there can be no meaningful progress towards protecting women, young women, or babies – much less the moral collective conscience of our society.